SAINT RITA YOUNG ADULTS
Saint Rita Young Adults (SRYA) is a volunteer, self-organized group associated with St. Rita's with Pastor Fr. Gee's blessing. It is for the young at heart, around the ages of 20-40, both married and single, who seek mutual support in growing closer to Christ and living His Faith in the modern metropolis. Our spiritual-focused activities are spread throughout the year and include:
- 1st Monday Theology On Tap: 7pm in Old Town, Alexandria. (Run by St. Mary's YA)
- May 7th: Elise Italiano on Pope's Advice to Young People
- June 4th: China Briceno on Happiness
- 2nd Sunday Breakfasts: hot cooked food plus potluck. Served 1030-1130 in the Parish Center big back room. Volunteers and donations are required to make this happen!! Contact our breakfast organizer Ed C., at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3rd Sunday Faith Discussions: lively learning led by our vicar, Fr. Bork, augmented with optional refreshments and fellowship. Parish Center classroom, starts 7pm SHARP.
- Sunday, October 15, 2017 | Topic: Angels and Demons
- Sunday, November 19, 2017 | Topic: The Afterlife
- Sunday, December 16, 2017| Topic: Messianic Prophecies
- Sunday, February 18, 2018 | Topic: Kingdom of The Sevens
- Sunday, March 18, 2018 | Topic: The Apocolypse
- Sunday, April 15, 2018 | Topic: Resurrection (plus steak dinner)
- Sunday, May 20, 2018 | Topic: My Mother, Our Queen
- Ad Hoc Outings:
- Saturday, March 24th: Mass for Life and Sidewalk Rosary . 8am Mass for Life at St. Rita's, followed by a full rosary and sign-holding at the Duke Street Abortion Clinic at 9:30am. Part of 40 Days for Life.
- Saturday, April 28th: Carpool to the Pontifical Solemn High Mass, Offered by Archbishop Sample, at the Basilica of the National Shrine. Departing St. Rita's parking lot at 11:30am sharp.
- Saturday, May 12th: Marian Pilgrimage to Emmitsburg, MD. Rosary walk and our own grotto Mass (Fr. Bork) at the National Grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes, followed by an optional hike in Catoctin Park. Departing St. Rita's parking lot at 8:30am.
Join the SRYA family to stay in the loop and grow in Faith!
- EMAIL Distro (preferred): email@example.com
- FACEBOOK Group (alternative): www.facebook.com/groups/stritasyoungadults
- Event Announcements: Parish Weekly Bulletin
- SRYA Men's Small Group: contact Alfredo T., firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meets every other Wednesday evenings for manly prayer, spiritual discussion, and brotherhood
- SRYA Women's Small Group: contact Olivia A., email@example.com
- Meets every other Wednesday evenings for womanly prayer, spiritual discussion, and sisterhood