SAINT RITA YOUNG ADULTS
From devilish weaklings to saintly warriors.
Saint Rita Young Adults (SRYA) is a volunteer, self-organized, self-funded group associated with St. Rita's Church, with Fr. Gee's blessing. It is for the young at heart, around the ages of 20-40, both married and single, who seek mutual support in growing closer to Christ and living His Faith in the modern metropolis. Thus, we put faith/prayer in the center of all we do, second to fun as a family. It's a balance.
- 1st Monday Theology On Tap: 7pm in Old Town, Alexandria. (Run by St. Mary's YA)
- Sunday Post-Mass Breakfasts: Every few months, when able. Hot cooked food plus potluck. Served 1030-1230 in the Parish Center big back room. Volunteers and donations are required to make this happen!! If you want to help get one on the calendar, contact our breakfast organizer Ed C., at email@example.com
- 3rd Sundays with Fr. Bork: our flagship series that you don't want to miss!
- Sunday, October 15, 2017 | Discussion Topic: Angels and Demons
- Sunday, November 19, 2017 | Discussion Topic: The Afterlife
- Sunday, December 16, 2017| Discussion Topic: Messianic Prophecies
- Sunday, February 18, 2018 | Discussion Topic: Kingdom of The Sevens
- Sunday, March 18, 2018 | Discussion Topic: The Apocolypse
- Sunday, April 15, 2018 | Discussion Topic: Resurrection (plus steak dinner)
- Sunday, May 20, 2018 | Discussion Topic: My Mother, Our Queen
- Sunday, June 17, 2018 | Discussion Topic: The Sacred Heart of Jesus Christ
- Sunday, July 15, 2018 | PRAYER EVENT: Prayer Hour to the Precious Blood
- Ad Hoc Outings:
- Saturday, March 24th: Mass for Life and Sidewalk Rosary . 8am Mass for Life at St. Rita's, followed by a full rosary and sign-holding at the Duke Street Abortion Clinic at 9:30am. Part of 40 Days for Life.
- Saturday, April 28th: Carpool to the Pontifical Solemn High Mass, Offered by Archbishop Sample, at the Basilica of the National Shrine. Departing St. Rita's parking lot at 11:30am sharp.
- Saturday, May 12th: Marian Pilgrimage to Emmitsburg, MD. Rosary walk and our own grotto Mass (Fr. Bork) at the National Grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes, followed by an optional hike in Catoctin Park. Departing St. Rita's parking lot at 8:30am.
- Sunday, June 10th: Hiking Outing to Mason Neck State Park. Leaving the church parking lot at 12:30pm. 2-3 hours / 5-7 miles of hiking on easy flat terrain. Fr. Bork will be the trail leader.
- Saturday, June 16th: Carpool to St. Philomena Festival. Sligo Creek acoustic band, Mad Monks Coffee and baked goods, Christian Rock DJ, Santiago Mountain band, Mountaineer Popcorn, etc. To support families in medical need. Leaving St. Rita's at 5:30pm to head out to Charlestown, WV, returning around 10pm.
- Saturday, August 18th: St. Rita / St. James Kayaking. A joint expedition on Antietam Creek in Sharpsburg, WV. Joining St. James Catholic YA's from Charlestown, WV, who will provide the kayaks.
our youtube resources
- SRYA Men's Small Group: contact Alfredo T., firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meets every other Wednesday evenings for manly prayer, spiritual discussion, and brotherhood
- SRYA Women's Small Group: contact Olivia A., email@example.com
- Meets every other Wednesday evenings for womanly prayer, spiritual discussion, and sisterhood
stay in the loop and grow in Faith