TRADITIONAL + LATIN MASS
TLM SUNDAY & DAILY MASS SCHEDULE
- HIGH MASS-MISSA CANTATA | First & Fourth Sunday 9:30 AM - Latin Mass Schola
- LOW MASS-MISSA PRIVATA | Second & Third Sunday 9:30 AM; Tuesday & Thursday 7:30 PM
- First Friday 8:00 AM Low Mass is no longer offered at St. Rita
- SUNG VESPERS (English & Latin) | Friday 7:00 PM / 6:30 PM During Lent
- Novus Ordo/Ordinary Form (OF) Masses, Sacrament of Penance and Exposition & Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament check WEEKLY BULLETIN / MASS & CONFESSION SCHEDULE | 8:30 AM St. Rita School Mass is in Novus Ordo (OF) - Ad Orientem every other week.
The schedule may change at the Pastor's discretion. Announcements may or may not be announced before/after a Mass of any changes. Prior to attending, please contact the Parish Rectory Office at 703-836-1640 to confirm day(s) and time(s) especially for Solemnities, Feasts, Votive Masses, etc. We apologize in advance for any last minute changes and thank you for your patience.
Parish Rectory Office Hours: Open M-F 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM | Closed M-F 12:30 PM-1:30 PM & Weekends.
HAPPY COLUMBUS DAY / CANADIAN THANKSGIVING DAY - MONDAY, OCTOBER 09, 2017! - The Parish Rectory Office and St. Rita School will be closed.
THE EASTER CYCLE: The Mystery of the Redemption | Blessed Be God pg. 617-657 | Roman Catholic Daily Missal, 1962 pg. 263-817; pg. ix-xvi
+SUPPLEMENTAL READINGS, PRAYERS, TRADITIONS, etc. | Summorum Pontificum - Letter of His Holiness Benedict XVI / Latin-English Booklet Missal: For Praying The Traditional Mass pg. 2 | Cardinal Sarah: One Holy Catholic Liturgy-One Holy Catholic Church | John Paul II Foundation for Sacred Arts - The Way of Beauty | Letter of His Holiness Pope John Paul II to Artists, April 4, 1999 | Liber Antiphonarius pro Diurnis horis | Word on Fire | The Sacrament of the Present Moment, Jean-Pierre de Caussade | Traditional Franciscans? - Dec. 2010 | A Dominican Mass in the Philippines - Aug. 2016 | Tradition is for the Young (Part II): A First Mass in the Philippines | Catholic Art Guild - 2018 Call for Artists | The Documents of Vatican II: With Notes and Index, Vatican Translation - Constitution on the Sacred Liturgy: (D) Norms for Adapting the Liturgy to the Culture and Traditions of Peoples, pg. 101 |"What Makes This Mass Different" pg. XIV; "Forms of the Celebration of the Tridentine Mass pg. XIV; "Taking Sides" pg. XXV; "The Catholic Bible" pg. 68-70 - Treasure and Tradition The Ultimate Guide to the Latin Mass | Fish Eaters | Michaelmas Embertide | Work pg. 114-118 / Perseverance pg. 119-121 - The Benedictine Handbook
*ALTERNATE SACRED/LITURGICAL (WORKS) OF ART FOR INDEPENDENT STUDY/PRIVATE OR PUBLIC PRAYER | Building a Simple and Beautiful Iconostasis for a Mission Church | Andreas Ritzos and OAJ Nexus - St. Michael the Archangel | An Innovative Carved Icon of Archangel Gabriel - A Collaborative Work | St. Michael and Archangels (The Seven Angels/Princes), Hieronymus (Jerome) | Mfdoc - The Church of San Francesco | Apparition of St. Michael the Archangel on Mount Gargano; San Michele Arcangelo fighting the dragon - Velluti Chapel | Fondazione Zeri - The Appearance of Saint Michael | Holy Family with St. Michael and St. John the Baptist, Annibale Carracci | Museum of Fine Arts - Budapest - Collection of Prints and Drawings: Search “Angels”, Multiple Artists | Saint Michael the Archangel, Calvaert, Denys - www.wga.hu | Saint Michael, Jaime Hugue (Jaume Huguet) | Feast of St. Michael (Michalmas) | Fr. Lawrence Lew, OP: Search “Angels” | The Angel Michael falls in the cloister | Michaelmas Embertide | View of the Cappella Maggiore, Piero della Francesca | Opus Sanctorum Angelorum
LAUDS & VESPERS
Join St. Rita Catholic Church every Friday at 7:00 PM for Sung Vespers . Sacrament of Penance (Confession) will also be offered starting at 7:00 PM followed by the 7:30 PM Novus Ordo/Ordinary Form (OF) Mass - Ad Orientem. Sung Lauds at St. Rita has been offered on Good Friday and Holy Saturday. Thank you for your support!
Consider (Re)Learning the Divine Office / Liturgy of the Hours | Saints Shall Arise (Traditional Benedictine Office) | Ibreviary | Divine Office | Officium Divinum - Angelus Press (Lauds, Vespers, Compline, etc.) | Square Note (Gregorian Chant) | The Little Office of the Blessed Virgin Mary - Baronius Press
FEASTS/SOLEMNITIES, SCRIPTURES, PRAYERS, ETC. |
- Pope Francis' Monthly Prayer Intention
- Public Messages from Bishop Michael F. Burbidge / Press Releases
- Totus Tuus: We Are Totally Yours, Mary - Saturday, October 14, 2017
- Would you like to go on pilgrimage with St. Rita Parish? Please check Parish Weekly Bulletin and vestibules for more information!
- PRAY FOR VOCATIONS | Run with us! Support Our Seminarians! | St. Thérèse Society
Summorum Pontificum - Letter of His Holiness Benedict XVI / Latin-English Booklet Missal: For Praying the Traditional Mass(Misalito Latin-Español Para Rezar La Misa Tradicional) pg. 2 / IPIETA / IBREVIARY / The Holy See / Votive Masses / Roman Catholic Daily Missal 1962 (RCDM 1962) - The Proper of the Saints pg. 1041-1518; The Proper of the Saints pg. 1041-1518 / Lives of the Saints, Fr. Alban Butler (Available in the Parish Library).
HOLY DAYS OF OBLIGATION IN THE U.S.A (Please check books for all other Countries) |
- Ordinary Form of the Roman Rite (OF) (Novus Ordo/NO) Feasts/Solemnities | IPIETA / IBREVIARY / The Holy See / Parish Weekly Bulletin / Lives of the Saints, Fr. Alban Butler (Available in the Parish Library)
- Daily Roman Missal - Third Edition - Holy days of Obligation pg. xxxiii | All Sundays; The Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God, Jan. 1; Thursday of the sixth Week of Easter - The Solemnity of the Ascension; The Solemnity of the Assumption of the BVM, Aug. 15; The Solemnity of All Saints, Nov. 1; The Solemnity of The Immaculate Conception, Dec. 8; The Solemnity of the Nativity of Our Lord Jesus Christ, Dec. 25. For Sat., Mon. and Transfer explanations, please check pg. xxxiii
- Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite (EF) (Traditional Latin Mass/TLM) Feasts/Solemnities | IPIETA / The Holy See / Roman Catholic Daily Missal 1962 (RCDM 1962) - The Proper of the Saints pg. 1041-1518 / Lives of the Saints, Fr. Alban Butler (Available in the Parish Library)
- Roman Catholic Daily Missal 1962 (RCDM 1962) - The Proper of the Saints pg. 1041-1518; Fasts Throughout the Year. Holy days of Obligation pg. 1-5 All Sundays; The Octave Day of the Nativity, Jan. 1; Ascension Day; The Assumption of the BVM, Aug. 15; The Feast of All Saints, Nov. 1; The Immaculate Conception, Dec. 8; Christmas Day, Dec. 25
- Sacrament of Penance | Blessed Be God - Devotions for Confession; Spiritual & Corporal Works of Mercy pg. 21-25; pg. 623-645 | Roman Daily Catholic Missal 1962 - Devotions for Confession and Communion pg. 65-97 | Handbook of Prayers-Spiritual Game Plan pg. 8-10; (Student Edition) pg. 4; Guide for a Good Confession pg. 323-336; (Student Edition) pg. 84-87/check vestibules.
OCTOBER - Month of The Holy Rosary / The Holy Angels | Legion of Mary | Respect Life / 40 Days For Life - September 27-November 05, 2017 | IWOPF - Oct. 01-09, 2017 | Totus Tuus: We Are Totally Yours, Mary - Saturday, October 14, 2017 | Mary | The Queen of the Holy Rosary - Prayers - Blessed Be God, pg. 287-288 | Nine Day Novena to Saint Teresa of the Infant Jesus (The Little Flower of Jesus) (Sept. 22-Sept.30/ Sept. 23-Oct. 1) - Blessed Be God pg. 314-319 | Handbook of Prayers, Devotions to the Blessed Virgin Mary, pg. 387-478; (Student Edition)149-208 | Traditional Indulgenced Novenas | Host the St. Rita Vocations Crucifix / Give a Gift of Prayer to the St. Rita Vocations Prayer Box | Rosary Center | Opus Sanctorum Angelorum | Calendar of Blessings - Catholic Rural Life | IPIETA / IBREVIARY | CATHOLIC CUISINE | GRACE BEFORE MEALS | Check Parish Weekly Bulletin, St. Rita Parish Library and vestibules.
- The Story of Fatima | 13th of each Month (19th of August 4:00 PM): May-October 2017 | Novena For Our Nation - August 15 - October 07, 2017 | The prayer requested of Our Lady of Fatima to be said after each decade of the Rosary - Latin-English Booklet Missal: For Praying the Traditional Mass(Misalito Latin-Español Para Rezar La Misa Tradicional) pg. 67 | Book Recommendations: The Secret of the Rosary, St. Louis De Montfort - Translator - Mary Barbour, T.O.P; Praying the Rosary (English, Spanish, Vietnamese, Tagalog), Br. Zachary Wilberding, O.S.B.; The Rosary with Fra Angelico and Giotto, Domenico Marcucci.
IMAGES | Feasts - Blessed Be God - A Complete Catholic Prayer Book with Epistles and Gospels for every Sunday and Holy day of the Year | Very Rev. Charles J. Callan, OP. S.T.M. & Very Rev. John A. McHugh, O.P, S.T.M
THE CHALLENGE OF THE HOSTS: BE PREPARED! | CATHOLIC CUISINE | DRINKING WITH THE SAINTS | FISH EATERS | GRACE BEFORE MEALS | HOMEBREWED EVANGELISM | MONDAYS WITH MARY | TEA & CAKE | THE VATICAN COOKBOOK | TIN CUPS & TINDER
SUPPLEMENTAL SOURCES & HAPPENINGS |
If you are interested in learning more about the NO/OF or TLM/EF please refer to the useful links below. Thank you for supporting the TLM community and please do continue to pray for each other!
Adoremus | Breviary | Catholic Art Guild | Corpus Christi Watershed | Divinum Officium | Dominican Rite - Latin-English Missal - First Edition | Fish Eaters | Fraternity Publications | Fraternitas Sacerdotalis Sancti Petri | Institute of Catholic Culture | Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest | ipieta | Magnificat | Musica Sacra | New Advent Bible (Knox Translation) | New Liturgical Movement | Orthodox Arts Journal | Parish Book of Chant | Latin-English Booklet Missal: For Praying the Traditional Mass (Misalito Latin-Español Para Rezar La Misa Tradicional) | Saint Rita's Silver Jubilee Mass - 1944 and 2015 Corpus Christi Procession | Short Video (Illustrated History of Saint Rita Parish) | Saints Will Arise | Sancta Missa | Square Note (Gregorian Chant) | The Holy See | The Latin Mass Magazine | The Chapel Veil | Traditional Catholic Books (Free) | Traditional Catholic Books (Catalog) | Vultus Christi | Usus Antiquior
Pastor, Rev. Daniel N. Gee | Parochial Vicar, Rev. Vincent P. Bork | PARISH DIRECTORY | Please contact the Clergy & Staff directly if interested in Altar Serving, Weddings, Funerals/Memorials, Baptisms, First Communions and Confirmations in the Extraordinary Form.
Mr. Lawrence Bowie, Director of Music and Organist, 703-836-1640, ext. 29 (Solemn High Mass) | Mr. David Sullivan, Latin Mass Schola (High Mass - Sung Mass/Missa Cantata) and Lauds/Vespers, email@example.com | Elizabeth Vail, Sacristan, firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE | If you are using any resources on this site, please do kindly include in your prayers Our Pope Francis and all clergy who celebrate the Mass, staff, parish alter servers, ushers, oblates, and all other members of the laity who assist so that you may have a peaceful and fruitful participation. THANK YOU! GRACIAS! DEO GRÁTIAS! HAVE A BLESSED EASTERCYCLE!