TRADITIONAL + LATIN MASS
(Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite)
TLM SUNDAY & DAILY MASS SCHEDULE |
(PRAY FOR VOCATIONS! | Please continue prayers for those who renew their consecrations daily/monthly/yearly or for the first time during Marian days throughout the Liturgical Year! | Sat., Feb. 03, 2018 St. Therese Vocation Society Morning of Recollection - Please RSVP by Monday, January 29, 2018!)
- SOLEMN HIGH MASS-MISSA SOLEMNIS | Not yet, but maybe one day!
- HIGH MASS-MISSA CANTATA | First & Fourth Sunday 9:30 AM - Latin Mass Schola
- LOW MASS-MISSA PRIVATA | Second & Third Sunday 9:30 AM; Tuesday & Thursday 7:30 PM
- First Friday 8:00 AM Low Mass is no longer offered at St. Rita
- SUNG VESPERS (English & Latin) | Friday 7:00 PM / 6:30 PM During Lent
- Please check WEEKLY BULLETIN / MASS & CONFESSION SCHEDULE / vestibules for all Masses, Sacrament of Penance and Exposition & Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament, devotions and liturgical events/programs!
The schedule may change at the Pastor's discretion. Announcements may or may not be announced before/after a Mass of any changes. Prior to attending, please contact the Parish Rectory Office at 703-836-1640 to confirm day(s) and time(s) especially for Solemnities, Feasts, Votive Masses, etc. We apologize in advance for any last minute changes and thank you for your patience.
Parish Rectory Office Hours: Open M-F 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM | Closed M-F 12:30 PM-1:30 PM & Weekends.
THE CHRISTMAS CYCLE: Mystery of the Incarnation - I. Season of Advent II. Christmastide III. Season After Epiphany | Roman Catholic Daily Missal, 1962 pg. 134-262 | Blessed Be God pg. 588-624| (FSSP Family/Friends of FSSP, please check your local FSSP for appropriate Mass scripture/proper readings). No Votive Masses during Lent and Octaves of Easter and Pentecost.
+SUPPLEMENTAL READINGS, PRAYERS, TRADITIONS, etc. |
The Power of Silence - Against the Dictorship of Noise, Nicolas Diat | Abandonment to Divine Providence, Jean-Pierre De Caussade | Our Way and Our Life-Christ in His Mysteries, Blessed Columba Marmion: Christ's Hidden Life; The Baptism and Temptation of Jesus; Some Aspects of the Public Life of Jesus pg. 31-55 | Pope Francis: Think 'being good' is enough? It's not. Go to Mass. | All of Mass is important - don't be late! | Saint's Name Generator | The Roman Miracle of the Holy Face: Epiphany 1849 | Epiphany Blessing; Chalking the Door... ; Blessing the Home on Epiphany | Plough Monday | Parents must be involved... | Reversing Course... | Bishop Barron: Don't Water Down Christianity... | Pope Francis makes surprise visit to sick children | How to Popularize 'Ad Orientem' Without Disorienting People | Three Bishops... | Altar Rails... | Feast of the Purification (Candlemas) | Shrovetide | US Bishops: End of Protected Status for Salvadorans is 'Heartbreaking' | Mastering Manhood Through Mary | How my brother's ordination made me fall in love again with the faith I inherited | Need ideas for date nights? Here are 6! |
Catholic.Bible (N.O.) | Catholic News Agency | Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC) | Dominican Liturgy (Traditional Dominican Rite) | Fish Eaters | iBreviary(N.O.) | ipieta(N.O/TLM) | Monks of Norcia - Blog | National Catholic Register | 2minutes2virtue | JPIIShrine - Events | Vulgate - Douay-Rheims - Knox Bible | Vultus Christi - Blog | Word on Fire
*ALTERNATE SACRED/LITURGICAL (WORKS) OF ART FOR INDEPENDENT STUDY/PRIVATE OR PUBLIC PRAYER
The Birth of Our Lord Jesus Christ | The Adoration of the Shepherds | The Magi Journeying | The Adoration of the Magi | The Sojourn in Egypt | The Flight into Egypt | Presentation in the Temple | The Youth of Jesus | Jesus Among the Doctors | The Baptism of Jesus | The Betrothed of Cana | The Marriage at Cana | Healing of the Lepers in Capernaum | He Did No Miracles But He Healed Them | Jesus Stilling the Tempest | Jesus Sleeping During the Tempest | The Sower | The Enemy Who Sows
| More down the road! Thank you for trying to keep up as best as you can!
The Power of Silence: Silence Versus The World's Noise | John Paul II Foundation for Sacred Arts - The Way of Beauty | Letter of His Holiness Pope John Paul II to Artists, April 4, 1999 | Treasure and Tradition: The Ultimate Guide to the Latin Mass | Pope: Mass is for the Eucharist... | A Note About Photography in the Church | So, Catholic coloring books... | How Gregorian Chant Enhances the Mass / Young People Increasingly attracted to Gregorian Chant
LAUDS & VESPERS
Join St. Rita Catholic Church every Friday at 7:00 PM for Vespers (Sung - English & Latin) . Sacrament of Penance (Confession) will also be offered starting at 7:00 PM followed by the 7:30 PM Novus Ordo/Ordinary Form (OF) Mass - Ad Orientem. Lauds at St. Rita has been offered on Good Friday and Holy Saturday. Thank you for your support!
Consider (Re)Learning the Divine Office / Liturgy of the Hours | Saints Shall Arise (Traditional Benedictine Office) | Ibreviary | Divine Office | Officium Divinum - Angelus Press (Lauds, Vespers, Compline, etc.) | Square Note (Gregorian Chant) | The Little Office of the Blessed Virgin Mary - Baronius Press | Learn Gregorian Chant - Our Lady of Guadalupe Seminary | How Gregorian Chant Enhances the Mass
FEASTS/SOLEMNITIES, SCRIPTURES, PRAYERS, ETC. |
- Pope Francis' Monthly Prayer Intention
- Public Messages from Bishop Michael F. Burbidge / Press Releases
- PRAY FOR VOCATIONS! | Please continue prayers for those who renew their consecrations daily/monthly/yearly or for the first time during Marian days throughout the Liturgical Year!
- January - Month of (The Holy Name) of Jesus / February - Month of the Passion of Our Lord/The Holy Family
- Populus Summorum Pontificum - October 26-28, 2018
Summorum Pontificum - Letter of His Holiness Benedict XVI / Latin-English Booklet Missal: For Praying the Traditional Mass(Misalito Latin-Español Para Rezar La Misa Tradicional) pg. 2 / IPIETA / IBREVIARY / The Holy See / Votive Masses / Roman Catholic Daily Missal 1962 (RCDM 1962) - The Proper of the Saints pg. 1041-1518; The Proper of the Saints pg. 1041-1518 / Lives of the Saints, Fr. Alban Butler (Available in the Parish Library).
HOLY DAYS OF OBLIGATION IN THE U.S.A (Please check books for all other Countries) | Please check with the Pastor and Sacristan regarding Masses under USCCB (Liturgical Calendar 2018) |'Holy Days, fasting fail' by Fr. Kenneth Doyle | No Votive Masses during Lent and Octaves of Easter and Pentecost - RCDM, 1962 pg. 1544-1596
- Ordinary Form of the Roman Rite (OF) (Novus Ordo/NO) Feasts/Solemnities | IPIETA / IBREVIARY / The Holy See / Parish Weekly Bulletin / Lives of the Saints, Fr. Alban Butler (Available in the Parish Library) |
- Daily Roman Missal - Third Edition - Holy days of Obligation pg. xxxiii | All Sundays; The Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God, Jan. 1; Thursday of the sixth Week of Easter - The Solemnity of the Ascension; The Solemnity of the Assumption of the BVM, Aug. 15; The Solemnity of All Saints, Nov. 1; The Solemnity of The Immaculate Conception, Dec. 8; The Solemnity of the Nativity of Our Lord Jesus Christ, Dec. 25. For Sat., Mon. and Transfer explanations, please check pg. xxxiii
- Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite (EF) (Traditional Latin Mass/TLM) Feasts/Solemnities | IPIETA / The Holy See / Roman Catholic Daily Missal 1962 (RCDM 1962) - The Proper of the Saints pg. 1041-1518 / Lives of the Saints, Fr. Alban Butler (Available in the Parish Library)
- Roman Catholic Daily Missal 1962 (RCDM 1962) - The Proper of the Saints pg. 1041-1518; Fasts Throughout the Year. Holy days of Obligation pg. 1-5 All Sundays; The Octave Day of the Nativity, Jan. 1; Ascension Day; The Assumption of the BVM, Aug. 15; The Feast of All Saints, Nov. 1; The Immaculate Conception, Dec. 8; Christmas Day, Dec. 25
- Sacrament of Penance | Blessed Be God - Devotions for Confession; Spiritual & Corporal Works of Mercy pg. 21-25; pg. 623-645 | Roman Catholic Daily Missal 1962 (RCDM 1962) - Devotions for Confession and Communion pg. 65-97 | Handbook of Prayers-Spiritual Game Plan pg. 8-10; (Student Edition) pg. 4; Guide for a Good Confession pg. 323-336; (Student Edition) pg. 84-87/check vestibules.
IMAGE ABOVE | Feasts - Blessed Be God - A Complete Catholic Prayer Book with Epistles and Gospels for every Sunday and Holy day of the Year | Very Rev. Charles J. Callan, OP. S.T.M. & Very Rev. John A. McHugh, O.P, S.T.M
THE CHALLENGE OF THE HOSTS: BE PREPARED! |
For a schedule of the monthly Coffee & Donuts/Brunch after the Sunday Masses, detailed info. of St. Rita Parish Groups (+Parish Groups) and St. Rita School/Parish or Diocesan (All Spiritual/Corporal Works of Mercy /Happenings), please check Parish Weekly Bulletin, St. Rita School calendar, flyers in the vestibules/bulletin boards or listen for announcements after Mass. All are welcome!
SUPPLEMENTAL SOURCES & HAPPENINGS IN THE TLM COMMUNITY |
Office of Catechetics and Sacred Liturgy - Arlington Diocese | EF Masses in the Arlington Dioceses | DC Latin Mass | Vocations | FSSP | Oratorian Vocations / Oratorian Community of St. Philip Neri - DC
Adoremus | Breviary | Catholic Art Guild | Corpus Christi Watershed | Divinum Officium | Dominican Rite - Latin-English Missal - First Edition / Dominican Rite Calendar 2018 / Dominican Liturgy (Traditional Dominican Rite) | Fish Eaters | Fraternity Publications | Fraternitas Sacerdotalis Sancti Petri | Institute of Catholic Culture | Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest | ipieta | Magnificat | Musica Sacra | New Advent Bible (Knox Translation) | New Liturgical Movement | Orthodox Arts Journal | Parish Book of Chant | Latin-English Booklet Missal: For Praying the Traditional Mass (Misalito Latin-Español Para Rezar La Misa Tradicional) | Saint Rita's Silver Jubilee Mass - 1944 and 2015 Corpus Christi Procession | Short Video (Illustrated History of Saint Rita Parish) | Saints Will Arise | Sancta Missa | Square Note (Gregorian Chant) | The Holy See | The Latin Mass Magazine | The Chapel Veil | Traditional Catholic Books (Free) | Traditional Catholic Books (Catalog) | Usus Antiquior | Vultus Christi
Pastor, Rev. Daniel N. Gee | Parochial Vicar, Rev. Vincent P. Bork | PARISH DIRECTORY | Please contact the Clergy & Staff directly if interested in Altar Serving, Weddings, Funerals/Memorials, Baptisms, First Communions and Confirmations (Must have Bishop clearance) in the Extraordinary Form.
Mr. Lawrence Bowie, Director of Music and Organist, 703-836-1640, ext. 29 (Solemn High Mass) | Mr. David Sullivan, Latin Mass Schola (High Mass - Sung Mass/Missa Cantata) and Lauds/Vespers, email@example.com | Elizabeth Vail, Sacristan, firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE | If you are using any resources on this site, please do kindly include in your prayers Our Pope Francis, Bishop Burbidge, all clergy who (con)celebrate the Mass, staff, parish altar servers, ushers, oblates, and all other members of the laity who assist so that you may have a peaceful and fruitful participation.
THANK YOU! GRACIAS! DEO GRÁTIAS! HAVE A BLESSED, JOYFUL AND PEACEFUL LITURGICAL YEAR AND A MERRY CHRISTMAS CYCLE!