Mass and ConfessioN Schedule
|HOLY SACRIFICE OF THE MASS|
|Sunday||7:15, 8:15, 9:30 (TLM/EF), 11:00 AM & 1:00 PM (Español)|
|Monday||7 AM & 7:30 PM (Novena followed by Mass)|
|Tuesday||7 AM & 7:30 PM (Traditional Latin Mass (TLM)/(EF))|
|Wednesday||7 AM, 8:30 (during the school year) & 7:30 PM|
|Thursday||7 AM & 7:30 PM (Traditional Latin Mass (TLM)/(EF))|
|Friday||7 AM & 7:30 PM|
|Saturday||8 AM & 5:00 PM (Vigil Mass)|
|SACRAMENT OF PENANCE|
|Sunday||10:30–11:00 AM & 12:30–1:00 PM (Español)||Monday–Friday||7:00 PM|
|Saturday||8:30 AM, 4:00–5:00 PM & 7:00–7:30 PM|
First Friday & Saturday
|6:30 PM–7:30 PM,
Wed. 3:30 PM-7:30 PM &
1st Fri. & Sat. 8:15 PM–8:00 AM
NEW ONLINE SIGN-UP SHEET. Wednesday Adoration is from 3:30pm–7:30pm. We do have regularly scheduled Adorers for these hours, but we are always in need of more Adorers. Time slots are scheduled in half-hour increments so you can sign up for any time that fits your schedule. Please consider joining us for Adoration.
To sign-up, visit www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0e49ada923a6f85-strita.
The Mass and Confession schedule may change at the Pastor's discretion. Announcements may or may not be announced before/after a Mass of any changes. Prior to attending, please contact the Parish Rectory Office at 703-836-1640 to confirm day(s) and time(s) especially for Solemnities, Feasts, Votive Masses, etc. We apologize in advance for any last minute changes and thank you for your patience.
Parish Rectory Office Hours: Open M-F 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM | Closed M-F 12:30 PM-1:30 PM & Weekends. | St. Rita School Closings/Misc. events/meetings posted on website/outdoor message boards.
- NEW: The entire altar rail is finally being used at all the Sunday & Daily Masses throughout the week! It's no longer just collecting dust folks! If you are physically unable to kneel at the altar rail to receive communion, you may stand or receive in you seat. Those who are wheel-chair bound, may come directly towards the center or the end of the altar rails. If in doubt, please check with the Priests/Ushers before Mass. Please continue to genuflect/bow your head and make the sign of the cross at the presences of the blessed sacrament and when crossing the tabernacle(when He is home)/crucifix. Showing a little respect for our Lord doesn't hurt anyone, it's usually the other way around! Please remember to go to confession before receiving or just make spiritual communion if a priest is not available. USCCB - Guidelines for the Reception of Communion.
- NOT SO NEW - JUST LOST IN TRANSLATION: 11:00 AM Sunday Novus Ordo Mass is celebrated Ad Orientem in Latin with a pinch of English and Greek! All are welcome at all Masses!
- VEILING - Is it a sin not to veil? - No (1983 Code of Canon Law), canon 1262 (1917 Code of Canon Law) is no longer enforced. If a woman/girl chooses to veil out of their own free will, Lent/Advent are the best times to try. Some parishes/abbys/convents/monasteries have provided a basket of veils (to be return at the end of Mass). Try one Mass and see by the end of Lent you are comfortable veiling at ALL MASSES - N.O. / TLM.
Thank you! Gracias! Deo Grátias! All are welcome!
January-December 2018: Happy/Bitter-Sweet celebration/commemoration of all anniversaries (First-Final/Solemn Vows-Perpetual Profession of Vows: engagements-weddings-ordinations-name-days, etc.); birthdays; baptisms; beatifications/canonizations; first communions, confirmations, graduations, retirements, etc
- CONGRATS TO ALL THE NEW OBLATES THROUGHOUT THE WORLD! EXCITING!
- The St. Rita Homeschool Group will not be meeting for Holy Hour until Wed., April 11, 2018 | Parish Holy Hour schedule will continue as scheduled
- Yeehaw! Last of the Friday Lenten Soup & Stations - veggie potluck style - Friday, March 23! Thank you St. Rita American Heritage Girls and Cub Scouts!
- Vespers (Sung - English & Latin) - Friday evenings at 7:00 PM with Confession / 6:30 PM During Lent. 7:00 AM/7:30 PM Novus Ordo Mass - Ad Orientem. Contact David Sullivan, email@example.com.
- Respect Life Mass / The Gabriel Project - St. Rita Chapter / Alexandria - 40 Days For Life | Fourth (4th) Saturday of the Month 8:00 AM Respect Life Mass
- HAPPY EASTER(TIDE) EVERYONE! | Saturday, March 21, 2018/Sunday, APRIL 01, 2018 and beyond!
- LENT - EASTER | The Daily Menu is ready via Parish Weekly Bulletin and flyer from above! Sides for the main course can be found further down this site on section PRAYERS, FEASTS/SOLEMNITIES, SCRIPTURE READING, ETC. | Thank you for waiting!
- 2018 Lenten Message from Bishop Burbidge
- Fast & Abstinence - USCCB-USA - Holy Days, fasting fail' by Fr. Kenneth Doyle | TLM - Feasts & Fasts Throughout the Year RCDM, 1962 pg. 1-5)
- The Sacred (Easter/Paschal) Triduum
- Maundy (Holy) Thursday | Good Friday | "Via Crucis" (2017) | Holy Saturday | Easter Sunday of the Resurrection of the Lord, Sunday April 01, 2018 (Although it shares the same day as April Fool's Day, our King is no fool! Be sure to be at Mass on the most important day of the year or contact the Parish Office/Legion of Mary if you are unable to attend - ex. homebound/hospitalized!)
- Lent Lectio Divina English / En Español - (N.O.)
- Remember to pray Regina Co(a)eli instead of the Angelus between Easter to Pentecost! (ex. Ecce Panis Angelorum - #23. Regina Caeli | Compline - Final Antiphon changes from Alma Redemptóris Mater... to Ave Regina Caelorum (ex. BENEDICTA: MARIAN CHANT FROM NORCIA - 18. Antiphon Ave Regina Caelorum
- Divine Mercy Sunday/Julian - Orthodox Easter | Sunday, April 08, 2018
- The Annunciation of the Lord | Monday, April 09, 2018
- Spring Confirmation (Chrismation) at St. Rita | Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 6:00 PM! (Please be sure to check with St. Rita Religious Education / St. Rita School if schedule changes!). Homeschool Families are generally on a different schedule depending on their co-op groups but are always welcome to join if they choose.
- Income Tax Day | Tuesday, April 17, 2018
- World Day of Prayer for Vocations/Earth Day | Sunday, April 22, 2018
- Happy Administrative Professionals Day | Wednesday, April 25, 2018
- St. Rita School Auction - Saturday in the Park | Saturday, May 12, 2018 | The Columbus Club in Arlington
- The Ascension of the Lord (Holy Day of Obligation) | Thursday, May 10, 2018 / Sunday, May 13, 2018 (If transferred)
- Happy Mothers' Day | Sunday, May 13, 2018
- St. Rita of Cascia Feast Day | Tuesday, May 22, 2018 | A forthcoming week/weekend of events will be posted.
- Pentecost Sunday | Sunday, May 20, 2018
- The Most Holy Trinity | Sunday, May 27, 2018
- The Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ (Corpus Christi) | Sunday, June 03, 2018
- The Most Sacred Heart of Jesus | Friday, June 08, 2018
- Happy Fathers' Day | Sunday, June 17, 2018
- The Nativity of St. John the Baptist | Sunday, June 24, 2018
- SS. Peter and Paul | Friday, June 29, 2018
- Happy Independence Day | Wednesday, July 04, 2018
- The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Holy Day of Obligation) | Wednesday, August 15, 2018
- World Meeting of Families - Dublin, Ireland | Amoris: Let's Talk Family! Let's Be Family - August 21-26, 2018! | Catholic Faith Journeys (Year Round)
NOTE: For All Feast Days/Federal Holidays not listed, please check | USCCB LITURGICAL CALENDAR (YR.B N.O.) | CATHOLIC.BIBLE (N.O.) / IBREVIARY (N.O.) / IPIETA (N.O./TLM) | THE LITURGICAL YEAR - FISH EATERS (TLM) | Religious Orders do include additional Feast Days/Name Days specific to their family :). Pray For Vocations!
PRAYERS, FEASTS/SOLEMNITIES, SCRIPTURE READING, ETC. |
- Papal Prayer Intentions 2018 (PDF)
- From Bishop Michael F. Burbidge / Press Releases
- Pray For Vocations!- Please continue prayers for those who renew their consecrations daily/monthly/yearly or for the first time especially during Marian days throughout the Liturgical Year!
- MARCH - Month of St. Joseph | USCCB Liturgical Calendar (Yr.B.) - Lent Lectio Divina English / En Español - (N.O.) | The Liturgical Year - Fisheaters | Traditional Indulgenced Novenas | The Way of the Cross - St. Alphonsus Liguori | Printable Stations of the Cross with Latin & English Stabat Mater / Sorrowful Mysteries (Teachers, parents, & students) | The Way of the Cross - St. Josemaría Escrivá | Why Do We Cover Crucifixes and Statues During Lent? | Stabat Mater Dolorosa | BENEDICTA: MARIAN CHANT FROM NORCIA - 18. Antiphon Ave Regina Caelorum | St. Louis de Montfort's Way, Total Consecration (With Schedule) | Don't Waste Your Lent: 7 Ways to Have a Good Lent | 25 Great Things You Can Do For Lent | 4 Lenten traditions from your Polish grandma | Pruning for Lent | How to Start a Prayer Journal | March - Blessing of the Wind | Divine Mercy Novena / Devotion to His Divine Mercy | Laetare, Rejoice! | Vespers of Passion Sunday | Tenebrae (Spy Wed.)| The Sacred (Easter/Paschal) Triduum: Maundy (Holy) Thursday | Good Friday | Holy Saturday
- APRIL - Month of the Holy Eucharist (Blessed Sacrament) / Holy Ghost | Blessed Be God - Holy Ghost pg. 273-4 | Easter Sunday | Blessing of Seeds and Rain - Catholic Rural Life | Handbook of Prayers - The Ten-Day Devotion to the Holy Spirit pg. 357-386; (Student Edition) pg. 125-147 | USCCB Liturgical Calendar (Yr.B.) - Lent Lectio Divina English / En Español - (N.O.) | The Liturgical Year - Fisheaters | Traditional Indulgenced Novenas | The Resurrection (Sunday, April 15, 2018)
- Sacrament of Penance | Forgive Us Our Trespasses | Blessed Be God - Devotions for Confession; Spiritual & Corporal Works of Mercy pg. 21-25; pg. 623-645 | Roman Catholic Daily Missal 1962 (RCDM 1962) - Devotions for Confession and Communion pg. 65-97 | Handbook of Prayers -Spiritual Game Plan pg. 8-10; (Student Edition) pg. 4; Guide for a Good Confession pg. 323-336; (Student Edition) pg. 84-87 | IBREVIARY (N.O.) / IPIETA (N.O./TLM) | Check St. Rita Parish Library and vestibules.
- Retreats/Pilgrimages/Workshops, etc. - No worries there are always options! Try | Catholic Faith Journeys (Year Round) | A Day With Mary - "Come to the Throne of Grace" - Franciscans of the Immaculate; Parish Weekly Bulletin; Arlington Diocese, +Parish Groups TLM; Vocations, etc.
- Books | Angelus Press / Biretta Books / Caritas Press / Ignatius Press / Loreto Publications / Tan Books / Magnificat / Formed / Abbey/Convent/Monastery/Oblate/Seminary Reading Lists/Blogs, etc.
- Check St. Rita Parish Library, School Library, Community Library, Private/Home Library, vestibules, etc.
- Perhaps consider donating your used books to the Parish/Community/School Library or Abbey/Convent/Monastery/Oblate/Seminary Libraries.
- Misc.: Ascension Presents | Catholic.Bible (N.O.) | Catholic Cuisine | Catholic Rural Life - Calendar of Blessings | Catholic Sports Club | Decent Films | Formed | Grace Before Meals | JPIIShrine-Events | Our One-Act Plays - Upper Room | 2Minutes2Virtue (N.O.) | Word on Fire | VULGATE - DOUAY-RHEIMS - KNOX BIBLE | Vatican Film List | etc.
- First Fridays / First Saturdays - Sacred Heart of Jesus & Immaculate Heart of Mary | Fri. 6:30 PM - 7:20 PM; 8:15 PM - Sat. 8:00 AM
- Vespers (Sung - English & Latin) - Friday evenings at 7:00 PM with Confession - 6:30 PM During Lent. 7:00 AM/7:30 PM Novus Ordo Mass - Ad Orientem. Contact David Sullivan, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Holy Rosary - St. Rita Legion of Mary (English & Spanish) | (The Story of Fatima) - 13th of each Month (19th of August 4:00 PM) | The prayer requested of Our Lady of Fatima to be said after each decade of the Rosary - Latin-English Booklet Missal: For Praying the Traditional Mass(Misalito Latin-Español Para Rezar La Misa Tradicional) pg. 67 | Divine Mercy Chaplet (ST. FAUSTINA & DIARY)
- Offered daily Mon. - Fri. 7:30 AM and Sat. 8:30 AM; The Holy Rosary Only - Mon. 7:00 PM & 8:00 PM. | (Español ) The Holy Rosary - Sun. , 12:30 PM & The Divine Mercy Chaplet after 1:00 PM Mass.
- Note: These devotions are said only as clergy/volunteers are available. Mass schedule may also be changed at anytime by Pastor. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
- Respect Life Mass / The Gabriel Project - St. Rita Chapter | Fourth (4th) Saturday of the Month 8:00 AM
- Angelus (Morning/Sunrise/6AM, Noon, and Evening/Sunset/6PM After Pentecost) Latin-English Booklet Missal: For Praying the Traditional Mass(Misalito Latin-Español Para Rezar La Misa Tradicional) pg. 66; Handbook of Prayers - pg. 55-56 (Student Edition pg. 39) - Regina Co(a)eli (Morning/Sunrise/6AM, Noon, and Evening/Sunset/6PM Easter to Pentecost) Latin-English Booklet Missal: For Praying the Traditional Mass(Misalito Latin-Español Para Rezar La Misa Tradicional) pg. 66; RCDM 1962 pg. 116; Handbook of Prayers - Student Edition pg. 39
- Salve Regina (Hail Holy Queen); Handbook of Prayers - pg. 426-427 (Student Edition pg. 170-171); Latin-English Booklet Missal: For Praying the Traditional Mass(Misalito Latin-Español Para Rezar La Misa Tradicional) pg. 50; RCDM 1962 pg. 116; The Holy Rosary; IPIETA / IBREVIARY
ARLINGTON DIOCESE | CATECHISM OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH (CCC) | CATHOLIC.BIBLE (N.O.) | CATHOLIC CUISINE | Catholic Faith Journeys (Year Round) | CODE OF CANON LAW - (CANON LAW MADE EASY) | FISH EATERS | FORMED | GRACE BEFORE MEALS | IBREVIARY (N.O.) / IPIETA (N.O./TLM) | MAGNIFICAT | PARISH WEEKLY BULLETIN | +PARISH GROUPS | SAINT RITA RELIGIOUS EDUCATION PROGRAM | SAINT'S NAME GENERATOR | ST. RITA SCHOOL | THE HOLY SEE | TRADITIONAL LATIN MASS | 2MINUTES2VIRTUE | USCCB LITURGICAL CALENDAR (YR.B N.O.) | VIRTUS | VOCATIONS | VULGATE - DOUAY-RHEIMS - KNOX BIBLE
The monthly Coffee & Donuts/Brunch after the Sunday Masses resume in the 2018-19 Year based on the support and availability of +Parish Groups / individual volunteers and are announced after Masses / Parish Weekly Bulletin / vestibules. All are welcome!
If you are considering joining the St. Rita Family and Community in the 2018-19 Year and would like to be more involved in the parish/school, please see St. Rita Religious Education / St. Rita School / +Parish Groups. Volunteer opportunities are also announced as needed in the Parish Weekly Bulletin / vestibules / word-of-mouth.
- Approx. between Late-December to Mid-January, Spring/Easter Breaks (PreK-12-College), and Early May(College)/June (PreK-12) to Late-August, +Parish Groups/individual volunteers/staff DO take breaks (Homeschool Family schedules vary) to refocus physically and spiritually in hopes of preventing volunteer/staff burn-out! Not everyone freely chooses to be a workaholic... they are chosen! Make use of your family time / personal breaks wisely while they last!
Please continue to keep in your prayers Our Pope Francis; Our Bishop Burbidge and all Bishops; Our Priests: Rev. Daniel N. Gee, Rev. Vincent P. Bork, (In Residence ) Rev. Karol Nedza, (Permanent Deacon) Deacon Steven J. Dixon; all members of our clergy including all in formation into the priesthood and consecrated religious life; altar servers; parents; teachers; staff members; volunteers; hospitalized; homebound; deceased; those returning to the Church/coming in for the first time; visitors and all members of the laity in our parish; diocesan community and throughout the world this Easter(Cycle) and New Liturgical Year!
Thank you! Gracias! Deo Grátias! All are welcome!
SACRAMENT OF BAPTISM
Saturdays 10 AM to 12 PM. Please submit a Baptism Application form. Parents must attend a one-time, on-hour Pre-Baptism Preparation Class, held the 1st Thursday of each month.
SACRAMENT OF MATRIMONY
Please submit a Marriage Application form. Diocesan regulations require 6 months of marriage preparation. Couples living together will be asked to live separately during marriage preparation.
SACRAMENT OF THE SICK/FUNERALS/HOSPITALIZED & HOMEBOUND
Please contact the Parish Rectory Office at (703) 836-1640 if a loved one has passed, hospitalized, homebound or if a sick/dying family member would like a priest to visit them and/or administer the Sacrament of the Sick.
OBTAINING & SUBMITTING PARISH FORMS
To receive Sacraments at St. Rita Church, you must be a Registered Parishioner. All Parish forms are located in all three vestibules of the church and at PARISH FORMS webpage. Please drop-off the completed form(s) at the rectory office (Monday–Friday) or drop off in the collection basket or email to email@example.com.
LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
Please contact the Rectory Office at (703) 823-1640. Sponsor eligibility certificates to serve as baptismal godparents or confirmation sponsors will be issued only to parishioners registered for at least six months and who are attending Sunday Mass weekly.