Mass and ConfessioN Schedule
|HOLY SACRIFICE OF THE MASS|
|Sunday||7:15, 8:15, 9:30 (TLM/EF), 11:00 AM & 1:00 PM (Español)|
|Monday||7 AM & 7:30 PM (Novena followed by Mass)|
|Tuesday||7 AM & 7:30 PM (Traditional Latin Mass (TLM)/(EF))|
|Wednesday||7 AM, 8:30 (during the school year) & 7:30 PM|
|Thursday||7 AM & 7:30 PM (Traditional Latin Mass (TLM)/(EF))|
|Friday||7 AM & 7:30 PM|
|Saturday||8 AM & 5:00 PM (Vigil Mass)|
|SACRAMENT OF PENANCE|
|Sunday||10:30–11:00 AM & 12:30–1:00 PM (Español)||Monday–Friday||7:00 PM|
|Saturday||8:30 AM, 4:00–5:00 PM & 7:00–7:30 PM|
First Friday & Saturday
|6:30 PM–7:30 PM, Wed. 3:30 PM-7:30 PM & 1st Fri. & Sat. 8:15 PM–8:00 AM|
The Mass and Confession schedule may change at the Pastor's discretion. Announcements may or may not be announced before/after a Mass of any changes. Prior to attending, please contact the Parish Rectory Office at 703-836-1640 to confirm day(s) and time(s) especially for Solemnities, Feasts, Votive Masses, etc. We apologize in advance for any last minute changes and thank you for your patience.
Parish Rectory Office Hours: Open M-F 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM | Closed M-F 12:30 PM-1:30 PM & Weekends.
January-December 2018: Happy celebration/commemoration of all anniversaries (First-Final/Solemn Vows: engagements-weddings-ordinations-name-days, etc.); birthdays; baptisms; first communions, confirmations, graduations, retirements, etc.!
- Week of Prayer for Christian Unity! | January 18-25, 2018 - Message from Bishop Burbidge!
- Day of Prayer for the Legal Protection of the Unborn Children - Monday, January 22, 2018! | St. Rita Respect Life Group / The Gabriel Project - St. Rita Chapter
- St. Rita School Open House will be Sunday, January 28, 2018 Preschool-8th Grade at 12:00 PM School Hall! | Happy Catholic Schools Week January 28-February 03, 2018!
- If you are considering joining the St. Rita Family and Community in the 2018-19 Year and would like to be more involved in the parish/school, please see Religious Education / St. Rita School / +Parish Groups. Volunteer opportunities are also announced as needed in the Parish Weekly Bulletin / vestibules / word-of-mouth.
- The monthly Coffee & Donuts/Brunch after the Sunday Masses will resume in the 2018-19 Year based on the support and availability of +Parish Groups / individual volunteers and will be announced after Masses / Parish Weekly Bulletin / vestibules. All are welcome!
- During Lent, Soup & Bread/Meatless Meals have been offered on Fridays in the past before Vespers and Friday Stations of the Cross based on the support and availability of +Parish Groups / individual volunteers and will be announced after Masses / Parish Weekly Bulletin / vestibules if offered again this year. All are welcome!
- LENT | Ash Wednesday, February 14, 2018 to Friday of the Passion of Our Lord (Good Friday), March 30, 2018 | Holy Saturday, Vigil of Easter - Saturday, March 31, 2018 | Easter Sunday of the Resurrection of the Lord, Sunday April 01, 2018 | A forthcoming detailed schedule will be posted! Remember to pray Regina Coeli instead of the Angelus between Easter to Pentecost!
- Spring Confirmation (Chrismation) at St. Rita | Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 6:00 PM!
- St. Rita of Cascia Feast Day | Tuesday, May 22, 2018!
- World Meeting of Families - Dublin, Ireland | Amoris: Let's Talk Family! Let's Be Family - August 21-26, 2018!
- Approx. between Late-December to Mid-January, Spring/Easter Breaks (PreK-12-College), and Early May(College)/June (PreK-12) to Late-August, +Parish Groups/individual volunteers/staff DO take breaks to refocus physically and spiritually in hopes of preventing volunteer/staff burn-out! Not everyone freely chooses to be a workaholic... they are chosen! Make use of your family time / personal breaks wisely while they last!
Please continue to keep in your prayers Our Pope Francis, Our Bishop Burbidge, Our Priests: Rev. Daniel N. Gee, Rev. Vincent P. Bork, (In Residence ) Rev. Karol Nedza, Deacon Steven J. Dixon, all priests, deacons, consecrated religious, all in formation into the priesthood and consecrated religious life, altar servers, parents, teachers, staff members, volunteers, hospitalized, homebound, deceased, those returning to the Church/coming in for the first time, visitors and all members of the laity in our parish, diocesan community and throughout the world this Christmas(tide) and New Liturgical Year!
Thank you! Gracias! Deo Grátias! All are welcome!
PRAYERS, FEASTS/SOLEMNITIES, SCRIPTURE READING, ETC. |
- Papal Prayer Intentions 2018 (PDF)
- From Bishop Michael F. Burbidge / Press Releases
- Pray For Vocations!- Please continue prayers for those who renew their consecrations daily/monthly/yearly or for the first time during Marian days throughout the Liturgical Year! | Sat., Feb. 03, 2018 St. Therese Vocation Society Morning of Recollection - Please RSVP by Monday, January 29, 2018!
- January - Month of (The Holy Name) of Jesus / Childhood of Jesus / CC | USCCB Liturgical Calendar (Yr.B.) | The Christmas Cycle: Mystery of the Incarnation - II. Christmastide / III. Season After Epiphany | Traditional Indulgenced Novenas | Blessed Be God - January - The Holy Name of Jesus pg. 268-270; Novena in Honor of the Holy Name of Jesus pg. 294 | Handbook of Prayers - Devotions to St. Joseph: Seven Sunday Devotion (Starts on the seventh (7th) Sunday previous to March 19 (the last Sunday of January or the First Sunday of February) pg. 479-500; (Student Edition) pg. 209-225 | St. Louis de Montfort's Way, Total Consecration (With Schedule) / True Devotion to Mary | Saint's Name Generator
- February - Month of the Passion of Our Lord / The Holy Family | Blessed Be God - February - The Holy Family pg. 270-2; The Stations of the Cross; The Holy Face and The Five Wounds pg. 370-89 | Handbook of Prayers -Stations of the Cross and Prayers pg. 323-356; (Student Edition) pg. 107-123 | USCCB Liturgical Calendar (Yr.B.) | The Liturgical Year - Fisheaters | Traditional Indulgenced Novenas | Feast of the Purification (Candlemas) (Bring candles to be blessed) | St. Blaise (Throat Blessing) - The Real Story... | Shrovetide | Blessing and Disposition of the Ashes | The Way of the Cross - St. Alphonsus Liguori | Why Do We Cover Crucifixes and Statues During Lent? | Stabat Mater Dolorosa | St. Louis de Montfort's Way, Total Consecration (With Schedule) | Don't Waste Your Lent: 7 Ways to Have a Good Lent | 25 Great Things You Can Do For Lent | Kingdom of the Sevens - Feb. 18
- Sacrament of Penance | Forgive Us Our Trespasses | Blessed Be God - Devotions for Confession; Spiritual & Corporal Works of Mercy pg. 21-25; pg. 623-645 | Roman Catholic Daily Missal 1962 (RCDM 1962) - Devotions for Confession and Communion pg. 65-97 | Handbook of Prayers -Spiritual Game Plan pg. 8-10; (Student Edition) pg. 4; Guide for a Good Confession pg. 323-336; (Student Edition) pg. 84-87 | IBREVIARY (N.O.) / IPIETA (N.O./TLM) | Check St. Rita Parish Library and vestibules.
- Retreats/Pilgrimages - There are many options, please check 2018 Men's Conference or 2018 Women's Conference Open Registration - Jan. 03; TLM; Parish Weekly Bulletin; Arlington Diocese, +Parish Groups, Vocations, etc.
- Books | Angelus Press / Ignatious Press / Tan Books / Magnificat / Twelve Months of Monastery Soups, International Favorites - Br. Victor-Antoine d'Avila-Latourette / The Long, Long Letter - Elizabeth Spurr / The Highest Mountain of Books in the World - Rocio Bonilla / Compost: A Family Guide to Making Soil from Scraps - Ben Raskin / The Girl and the Bicycle - Mark Pett / How to Live Well Without Owning A Car - Chris Balish / Formed / Check St. Rita Parish Library, School Library, Community Library, Private/Home Library, vestibules, Monastery/Convent Reading Lists/Blogs, etc.
- Movies | Our One-Act Plays - Upper Room | Catholic Sports Club, Pyeong Chang 2018 Winter Olympics , etc. | Decent Films | Formed | Vatican Film List
- Misc.: Ascension Presents | Calendar of Blessings - Catholic Rural Life | Catholic.Bible (N.O.) | Catholic Cuisine | Grace Before Meals | JPIIShrine-Events | 2Minutes2Virtue | Word on Fire | VULGATE - DOUAY-RHEIMS - KNOX BIBLE
- Summorum Pontificum | Traditional Latin Mass (TLM)
- Vespers (Sung - English & Latin) - Friday evenings at 7:00 PM with Confession. 7:00 AM/7:30 PM Novus Ordo Mass - Ad Orientem. Contact David Sullivan, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Holy Rosary - (The Story of Fatima) - 13th of each Month (19th of August 4:00 PM) | The prayer requested of Our Lady of Fatima to be said after each decade of the Rosary - Latin-English Booklet Missal: For Praying the Traditional Mass(Misalito Latin-Español Para Rezar La Misa Tradicional) pg. 67 | Divine Mercy Chaplet (ST. FAUSTINA & DIARY)
- Offered daily Mon. - Fri. 7:30 AM and Sat. 8:30 AM; The Holy Rosary Only - Mon. 7:00 PM & 8:00 PM. | (Español ) The Holy Rosary - Sun. , 12:30 PM & The Divine Mercy Chaplet after 1:00 PM Mass.
- Note: These devotions are said only as clergy/volunteers are available. Mass schedule may also be changed at anytime by Pastor. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
- First Fridays / First Saturdays - Sacred Heart of Jesus & Immaculate Heart of Mary | Fri. 6:30 PM - 7:20 PM; 8:15 PM - Sat. 8:00 AM
- St. Rita Parish Legion of Mary: Society of The Patricians Meeting | First (1st) Saturday of the Month | 6:15 PM | Parish Ctr. | Refreshments provided | All adult Catholics are welcome!
- Light of the World Discussion Series | Third (3rd) Sunday of the Month | 7:00 PM | Parish Ctr. | Refreshments provided | All are welcome!
- Respect Life Mass / The Gabriel Project - St. Rita Chapter | Fourth (4th) Saturday of the Month 8:00 AM
- Angelus (Morning/Sunrise/6AM, Noon, and Evening/Sunset/6PM After Pentecost) Latin-English Booklet Missal: For Praying the Traditional Mass(Misalito Latin-Español Para Rezar La Misa Tradicional) pg. 66; Handbook of Prayers - pg. 55-56 (Student Edition pg. 39) - Regina Coeli (Morning/Sunrise/6AM, Noon, and Evening/Sunset/6PM Easter to Pentecost) Latin-English Booklet Missal: For Praying the Traditional Mass(Misalito Latin-Español Para Rezar La Misa Tradicional) pg. 66; RCDM 1962 pg. 116; Handbook of Prayers - Student Edition pg. 39
- Salve Regina (Hail Holy Queen); Handbook of Prayers - pg. 426-427 (Student Edition pg. 170-171); Latin-English Booklet Missal: For Praying the Traditional Mass(Misalito Latin-Español Para Rezar La Misa Tradicional) pg. 50; RCDM 1962 pg. 116; The Holy Rosary; IPIETA / IBREVIARY
ARLINGTON DIOCESE | CATECHISM OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH (CCC) | CATHOLIC.BIBLE (N.O.) | CATHOLIC CUISINE | FISH EATERS | FORMED | GRACE BEFORE MEALS | IBREVIARY (N.O.) / IPIETA (N.O./TLM) | MAGNIFICAT | PARISH WEEKLY BULLETIN | +PARISH GROUPS | RELIGIOUS EDUCATION PROGRAM | SAINT'S NAME GENERATOR | ST. RITA SCHOOL | THE HOLY SEE | TRADITIONAL LATIN MASS | 2MINUTES2VIRTUE | USCCB LITURGICAL CALENDAR (YR.B N.O.) | VIRTUS | VOCATIONS | VULGATE - DOUAY-RHEIMS - KNOX BIBLE
Thank you! Gracias! Deo Grátias!
SACRAMENT OF BAPTISM
Saturdays 10 AM to 12 PM. Please submit a Baptism Application form. Parents must attend a one-time, on-hour Pre-Baptism Preparation Class, held the 1st Thursday of each month.
SACRAMENT OF MATRIMONY
Please submit a Marriage Application form. Diocesan regulations require 6 months of marriage preparation. Couples living together will be asked to live separately during marriage preparation.
SACRAMENT OF THE SICK/FUNERALS/HOSPITALIZED & HOMEBOUND
Please contact the Parish Rectory Office at (703) 836-1640 if a loved one has passed, hospitalized, homebound or if a sick/dying family member would like a priest to visit them and/or administer the Sacrament of the Sick.
OBTAINING & SUBMITTING PARISH FORMS
To receive Sacraments at St. Rita Church, you must be a Registered Parishioner. All Parish forms are located in all three vestibules of the church and at PARISH FORMS webpage. Please drop-off the completed form(s) at the rectory office (Monday–Friday) or drop off in the collection basket or email to email@example.com.
LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
Please contact the Rectory Office at (703) 823-1640. Sponsor eligibility certificates to serve as baptismal godparents or confirmation sponsors will be issued only to parishioners registered for at least six months and who are attending Sunday Mass weekly.